Sunday 9 February 2014

Filofaxes and Souffles!


To quote Clara Oswald:
"The soufflé isn't the soufflé. The soufflé is the recipe."    

In a strange sort of way, the same goes for planners.

It isn't so much what you use - it's all about how you use it.

There can be a tendency for us plannerites to take sides like an interdenominatinal gathering.

"I'm a Franklin Covey!"
"Filofax here!"
"Gillio all the way"
"DayTimer is the bomb!"
"Midori Travelers please!
"I use a 10 cent exercise book!"

We can tend to gravitate towards the outer covers of our planners and get all excited about the brand, the colour, the texture, the leather/pleather/vinyl....yet it really doesn't matter.

I have seen many expensive, name-brand planners kept in pristine condition and be hardly used at all.
Oh the shame of that.
And,
I have also seen the generic, well loved binder, rough and ready, pen and war wounded, stuffed and embellished and loved to bits keeping its owner on top of their game, organised and efficient.

I confess myself to a little filo-envy.

..but really,
deep down,
we know the truth.
It really DOESN'T MATTER!

Indeed,
The soufflé isn't the soufflé. The soufflé REALLY IS the recipe!

or to place it into a more familiar filofax vernacular...

"inner planner beauty is always found between the rings".

 

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I love my FC Boston. It's soft, it's leather, it's under $50.

    http://giftieetcetera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete