I had a good look at my current A5 Filofax today.
The way it looks, feels, works.
It is beginning to take shape but there is still a long way to go.
I had a little think about what I was actually trying to achieve with my binder.
Here is my very hastily written out list of NEEDS:
I need it to be
- set out neatly
- organised so I do not waste time searching for what I need
- Not stuffed with pages I would rarely use
- binder needs to lay flat when I am writing
- I need storage for A4 fold paper that I use at work
- only the essential sticky notes, stickers and flags
- holds three pens I use daily
- keeps everything together when closed
- smells good!
My current Week on Two Pagesthe last one is a personal requirement but I can hear hundreds of you saying "Amen" to that one.
I made a promise to myself that I would try to make this binder MY OWN. It has to be like that.
I promised myself to not be impatient and to give it time.
We all want wonderful Filofaxes, filled with stamps, stickers, trinkets, post-its and more. They look amazing! I admire them alot.
But that is not really ME!
I need my binder to be ME.
And in being ME, it needs to be an extension of me.
My journey is ongoing.
I enjoy it so very much. I really do. All of it.